Skip to main content

Author Topic: Licences.

S
Licences.
OP: May 31, 2012, 04:52:11 AM
I'm not sure how licences will work with my development process.  Typically I develop and tests websites locally on my own local web server.  Once it's all working fine, I then upload it to one of my online websites for final testing.  I then get the client to check out the website online to make sure they're happy.  Any changes are made as required and the process is repeated.  Once a final website has been decided on, I upload the website to their web hosting service.

So I'm wondering, how would licences work with this scenario?  It sounds like I would need a licence for my local web server, and another licence for my online web server.  If the licence is for a client, it appears that I made need to get the licence file changed twice after the initial purchase.  Is this correct?

Thanks.

Steve
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
Re: Licences.
#1: May 31, 2012, 01:31:37 PM
You can request to have a license changed from your own test domain to the clients live domain but bear in mind there will be some delay while we process the request and update the licence. If you are using the cms on a lot of client websites it might be better to have a licence dedicated to your own domain where you host all the test websites. You can then run multiple installs of the cms on this one testing domain with just one license. You could also try using the trial version on the initial testing server, the trial allows only a limited number of pages etc. but it might be sufficient for initial setup/testing.
  • IP logged

r
Re: Licences.
#2: June 16, 2015, 01:42:36 AM
I can not install xt-cms, what I do help me please ...I get this message on the page.. PHP script '/home/u818869012/public_html/cms/scripts/cms_front.php' is protected by SourceGuardian and requires a SourceGuardian loader 'ixed.5.3.lin' to be installed. 1) Download the required loader 'ixed.5.3.lin' from the SourceGuardian site: http://www.sourceguardian.com/loaders/download.php?php_v=5.3.29&php_ts=0&php_is=8&os_s=Linux&os_r=3.2.55-grsec&os_m=x86_64 2) Install the loader to /opt/php-5.3/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626 3) Edit /opt/php.conf.d/u818869012.ini and add 'extension=ixed.5.3.lin' directive
  • IP logged