Skip to main content

Author Topic: Ideas for development

d
Ideas for development
OP: August 27, 2014, 12:08:40 PM
just a couple of suggestions for next version.

1) some way of copying an existing product as a template for a new product
2) a mini description of a product that would be displayed in the horizontal view rather than the full description so that ou only get the full description when the item is selected.

any thoughts?
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
Re: Ideas for development
#1: August 27, 2014, 03:38:10 PM

1) some way of copying an existing product as a template for a new product

Yes this is a good idea, it's already on the to-do list but I don't think it will make next version.

2) a mini description of a product that would be displayed in the horizontal view rather than the full description so that ou only get the full description when the item is selected.

There is one way you can do this already, but you need to edit a php file. Basically you can use the meta description field to display as a brief description on your product listings. Some of the product_listings formats are set to do this already but you can change or add this by editing the display_products_ files in the theme includes folder, depending on which one you are using to display your products. Do you think a dedicated field for this would be better than using the meta description field? I don't like adding extra fields unless it is something really needed.

• IP logged

d
#2: August 27, 2014, 06:02:40 PM
think a new field would be best I have already used the meta data as described but it would be much more user friendly with the field. "I am trying to get other people to update our site rather than always just me and it would make it more obvious."
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#3: August 29, 2014, 12:14:05 PM
I am considering adding a new text field called Brief Description and have this just above the Meta Description.

Also some good news on the other request, I have added ability to duplicate a product so this will be in the next version.
  • IP logged

a
#4: December 19, 2014, 06:21:07 AM
I have another idea for you  a more full featured editor for the mailer like the editor for the main content areas so images could be added and headings could be set. 
  • IP logged

a
#5: March 17, 2015, 07:38:46 AM
In the editor for the main content area would it be possible to add an insert line break feature? and would it be possible to add a font size dropdown?  I know I can edit the css files for the font sizes but to make the CMS a little more client friendly these two features would be helpful.
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#6: April 06, 2015, 10:08:03 PM
In the editor for the main content area would it be possible to add an insert line break feature?

If you press Shift+Enter when editing in the content area it should create a line break while Enter on it's own will start a new paragraph.
  • IP logged