Skip to main content

Author Topic: Format issues in cms template

A
Format issues in cms template
OP: November 14, 2016, 08:11:27 PM
Hi ,

I started out copy and paste into the html option in the XT-CMS Add to dictionary. This worked fine on the first two or three pages.

Now when I copy and paste content into the XT-CMS wysiswig it looses all format. It's just small text all run together

Is there a way to add formatting to the XT-CMS wysiswig? The content that I am copying and then pasting into the XT-CMS template is loosing it's formatting and the wysiswig doesn't seem to have an option to increase the fonts.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
Re: Format issues in cms template
#1: November 15, 2016, 12:05:16 PM
It depends what you are copying from. There are buttons on the content area toolbar for different pasting options. I recommend copying/pasting html source for best results and then formating further in the content area if needed. Copying and pasting from other sources like word can often lead to lot of bloated html with inline styling.

You can use the paragraph and header dropdown to apply different text styles as well as the colour and align options. Bear in mind though how everything will look on the front end of the website will depend on the styles/cms.css stylesheet file in your theme folder.

A
Re: Format issues in cms template
#2: November 15, 2016, 09:41:27 PM
Hi xtom and Thank you so much for your help. I am using the methods you suggested. I first 3 pages I copied the content from pasted great with the formatting in tack. After that the formatting would not carry over and paste in tack. It as all small letters and pushed together. Is it possible I could have accidentally changed the formatting option without knowing? It seem to be pasting in "Plain Text". Is there a "Rich Text"? Can you add components or a addon/plugin to the wysiswig?

Thank Again,

ADIX54