Skip to main content

Author Topic: Blog Demo

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
Blog Demo
OP: July 20, 2011, 12:54:55 AM
An example blog has been added to the XT-CMS+Xara demo site at http://www.xt-cms.com/xara-demo/blog/
  • IP logged

p
Re: Blog Demo
#1: July 21, 2011, 03:57:05 PM
Hi Xtom,
thank you for posting a Blog-Example! I like its integrated look!
I wonder however if you at some point will allow us to get "wilder".
Currently it looks as if the page itself was made in Xara but that
image-alignment and Text-formating/repellingfollowed estabilished CMS rules.
I could be wrong here though.
Xara is tool whichgives total freedom in Design of static pages. I therefor found
consequent when one could act as much as possible without these barriers
for Bloging as well.

Meaning that one could place images freely in any Blog-Posting without having
to follow Rules, have Graphics repel text, could use all of Xaras effects, transparencies
and Blendmodes. All possibly in the way that text only gets converted to graphics
if really can't get avoided.

Such would be my dream for a Blog I plan to set up along with my Website.

Attached is a Graphic showing a possible Blog Page with some articles to illustrate the
general idea of what I am after. It is not at all intended to be a cool Design :).

Thanks for having a Look and for any consideration!

Holger

Feel free to email me also directly for some more specific question!

• IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#2: July 22, 2011, 10:16:19 AM
Hi Holger, You can kind of (but not quite) acheive what you are asking. A blog post can be designed in Xara using all of the text repelling, blends, transparencies etc. and then displayed by the cms but only when viewing the page dedicated to that particular blog post. When browsing blog post listings they are displayed in a more uniform way by the cms but this layout can be changed using admin controls and editing the css for the cms.
  • IP logged

p
#3: July 22, 2011, 10:40:50 AM
Brilliant! Having a more sober overview-page would not so much be an issue.

As I would like to start with my Web-Project soon - would it make sense to wait for your Release?
(I would probably only need XT for the Blog).
Or could one simply leave that section blank until your product is is available?
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#4: July 22, 2011, 04:26:46 PM
Work away, it should be just as easy to integrate the cms at a later stage. There was very little I had to do in Xara to make the Alpha Theme work with the cms, really just one placeholder for positiong cms content and using the dynamic page tweek on pages that need to extend vertically.
  • IP logged

I
#5: October 03, 2013, 10:40:47 PM
I am using the trial version to experiment with and would like to use XT-CMS mainly for blogging.
I looked at the blog-demo and wonder how commenting of users works. It seems there are no tags for commenting in the demo version or am I missing something?
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#6: October 04, 2013, 09:33:58 AM
If you have comment moderation for the blog post switched on you will need to approve comment posts by going to Admin -> Messages. Approved comments will display automatically beneath the blog post. Is this what you need?
  • IP logged

I
#7: October 04, 2013, 11:05:07 AM
Indeed this seems to be what I need. It is all very new to me and as there is no "user guide for dummies" it is mainly a matter of trial and error to see what will happen when I take certain actions.
BTW:
I am using Xara Designer Pro and come from the early Acorn and RISC OS days when I was using Artworks and the extremely flexible Publisher DTP packages of Xara's predecessor Computer Concepts.

Might I not succeed in the blog stuff I'll get back to you.\

Thanks

Ike
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#8: October 04, 2013, 05:26:44 PM
Yes I need to do more help and tutorials but hopefully it shouldn't take too long to become familiar with the basics of the cms. Feel free to post more questions if you need any help.
  • IP logged

I
#9: October 04, 2013, 07:12:52 PM
Well, I am wrestling with the "strectch with page" option. Should I set something for that or use a special holder or frame? Or is that a Xara issue?
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#10: October 04, 2013, 09:15:04 PM
With xara you need to use a javascript tweak to make the page stretch for dynamic content. I recommend using this one on Xara-Users which works well with the cms -> http://xara-users.info/board/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5594&start=20#p41300
  • IP logged

I
#11: October 05, 2013, 10:25:54 AM
Hi
I looked into this, but it makes no sense to me. It's sheer abacadabra for a simple user like me.
Is there perhaps a more step by step instruction?

Ike
  • IP logged
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 03:09:20 PM by Ike F T Busser »

a
#12: October 11, 2013, 02:56:39 AM
Hi  I'm sure you'll recognize my screen name from Talkgraphics :)  I'm looking into doing a site for a client who will need some form of content management.  Basically it's going to be a restaurant site and they will want to be able to take orders on the site.  I think I could figure out how to set up the order page but what I'm wondering is how XT-CMS integrates with pay pal and how do I set it up so they can get the orders?  I'm hoping that I'll be able to use XT-CMS so I can design the site using XDPX9 
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#13: October 11, 2013, 06:51:49 PM
Hi angelize, I sure do :)

The paypal integration is easy.. In the cms go to Settings -> Payments and enable the Paypal payment option and then enter the email address that is tied to the site owners PayPal account. Once setup the system will then create paynow buttons automatically when any order is placed and the paynow button directs the customer to a secure Paypal payment page. Orders are stored and can be viewed on the cms and the site owner is also emailed an order notification when an order comes through. I guess you would be adding the various menu items as products and then a customer can add them to their order. Check out the trial version to see what you can do http://www.xt-cms.com/demo/ or if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
  • IP logged

a
#14: October 11, 2013, 11:51:33 PM
Thanks Tom.  I definitely will have a look at the trial.  I am waiting for the client to decide on some details yet but when they are ready I am going to recommend this as the route to go.  I like the fact that the license is a lifetime license and being able to design the site With Xara will be a huge time saver.
  • IP logged