Skip to main content

Author Topic: Showing a dynamic Accordian menu

a
Showing a dynamic Accordian menu
OP: May 22, 2014, 12:05:44 AM
I'm looking into having the dynamic accordian menu showing in the webstore portion of the site.  In the user manual in the readme files it says I have to make changes to the cms_front.php file but when I open this file in notepad to make the changes it appears to be a protected uneditable file.  Can you give me a step by step of showing the accordian menu? 

And I am going to be installing the new update this evening, will that make a difference?
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
Re: Showing a dynamic Accordian menu
#1: May 22, 2014, 09:04:29 PM
Ah sorry there is some outdated info in the readme, no need to modify cms_front.php

To display an accordion menu you can use the special tag {menu_accordian,0,0} in your page template. You can replace first 0 if needed with a parent category id. So if you had a category called shop and that had sub categories you could put the category id of the shop category and it would just menu those sub categories. It explains this tag near the top of the readme under Page Template Tags.
  • IP logged
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 09:06:37 PM by xtom »

a
#2: May 26, 2014, 08:46:03 AM
Thanks,  I got the accordian menu working that's a nice feature.  Just out of curiosity is there a way to change the colours?
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#3: May 26, 2014, 09:49:43 AM
Yes you can edit the style sheet for the accordian menu to change colours and sizes - cms/plugins/accordian_menu/styles.css
  • IP logged