Skip to main content

Author Topic: add a new Currency?

a
add a new Currency?
OP: January 25, 2014, 08:37:11 AM
I need to be able to set the CMS to display prices in CAD (Canadian Dollars)  How can I do this?  In the settings I found the taxes and currency settings and I have it temporarily set to US dollars but this won't sit well with my client, as they are a Canadian business looking to do the majority of their business with Canadian customers.  Also as the payment gateway will be set to CAD the prices on the site need to be in CAD. 

Any help with this will be much appreciated.
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
Re: add a new Currency?
#1: January 26, 2014, 10:42:05 AM
Can you download and try the patch below. Two files are changed in this which should allow CAD to be selected and used as the currency. I recommend renaming the existing files in your install first and then upload these new ones so if any problems you can easily revert back. I'll make sure more currencies are included in the next release.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0p29q5tfw9cne1/currency_patch.zip
  • IP logged

a
#2: January 27, 2014, 12:06:50 AM
Thanks Tom! :)
 I'd also like to suggest adding a selection of fonts. Would it be possible to add support for Google fonts to an upcoming version?  The current site I'm working on won't need this but I could see this being handy in the future.
  • IP logged

a
#3: January 27, 2014, 02:35:54 AM
Just wanted to add that the patch worked perfectly.  CAD now appears in the list and now I have that set.  And I noticed the patch adds AUD (Australian Dollars) too.  I can think of a couple of TG members who might appreciate that. :)

Thanks Again!
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#4: January 27, 2014, 11:52:54 AM
I'd also like to suggest adding a selection of fonts. Would it be possible to add support for Google fonts to an upcoming version?

You can already use Google fonts, all you need to do is edit the css file in cms/themes/mytheme/styles/cms.css - If the file doesn't exist in your custom theme directory you can copy it from the default theme directory or you can just edit that one directly which is what it uses by default.

In that css file you can change the fonts, sizes and colours etc. that the cms uses to match your theme better.

If you use a Google font in your design in xara it will be included in the css files that xara exports, then all you have to do is edit the cms.css file to use the Google font names. Just make a copy of the file and you can safely experiment with font changes.
  • IP logged

a
#5: January 30, 2014, 10:13:41 AM
I'm getting an error where the shopping cart should load

Notice: Use of undefined constant currency_symbol - assumed 'currency_symbol' in /home/goodmorn/public_html/bestfriendspetmarket.ca/cms/includes/shop/cart_menu.php on line 34
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#6: January 30, 2014, 12:46:40 PM
Can you try replacing cms/scripts/functions.php with the file from the patch again, that error would show if it is still using the older functions.php file.
  • IP logged

a
#7: February 01, 2014, 02:17:06 AM
Yep it's working now :)
  • IP logged