Skip to main content

Author Topic: Friendly URLs ?

a
Friendly URLs ?
OP: January 25, 2014, 04:43:31 AM
In one of the videos you talked about friendly URLs  I'd like to set up friendly URLs but I'm not quite sure how to do it through the CMS.  Any chance of a video on this?
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
Re: Friendly URLs ?
#1: January 26, 2014, 12:11:53 PM
To enable friendly urls...

1) edit cms/scripts/config.php and change friendly_urls from 0 to 1
2) copy or move the freindlyurl.htaccess to the websites root directory and rename it to just .htaccess

Then all you will need to do is add some text to the url slug when adding/modifying a category or product etc.

For example a category with slug called products/green would use the url http://www.mysite.com/products/green/

• IP logged

a
#2: January 26, 2014, 11:42:55 PM
Great Thanks!  I've been working away at setting up an online store for my clients and I think the CMS is just great.  Now I can get the SEO benefit of the friendly urls :)
  • IP logged

T
#3: May 23, 2014, 04:09:31 PM
Hate to sounds dumb, but is there anything else that needs done, can't quite seem to get this to work right. I used the instructions above, but still website friendly urls don't work, they all just go to home page.
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#4: May 24, 2014, 05:35:18 PM
Are you running the cms from the root directory on your website? ie. Is the main index.php in the root directory along with the friendly url .htaccess file? Also in admin configuration is the cms url set to match this as well? It's hard to tell without looking at it. If you want to pm me I'll have a look at it for you.
  • IP logged