Skip to main content

Author Topic: several indepentent page_content areas?

n
Re: several indepentent page_content areas?
#15: November 05, 2013, 08:16:21 PM
wow, this seems very complicated! When changing the domain name to the actual one of the client, will this have to be done again?
The image browser works fine now (thank you!) , however, the preview somehow seems to have a problem with it as I get a sample-jpeg-icon. When saving the category, it also displays like that on the site (As seen on home category) ... Seems as if it cannot find the image file?

___

I see, there is just some parts of language available for editing. I guess it's just a minor problem for the client, The comment box should be quite internatinal ;)

___

In the last few days I improved the page templates which are relatively ok now though I could not figure out yet why the text is cut off despite using the auto-length-code.
I also did some research on how to change fonts in a css file. Have not been very successfull as I do not know any CSS. How would I implement Source Sans Pro Light with a paragraph size of 18px?

So sorry for making these heavy demands on your time! I guess I should donate some money for being such a difficult customer :O
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#16: November 06, 2013, 09:51:24 AM
Yes it's proving a bit more complicated than it should because the php settings on your server are returning different paths for the file locations and the document root. Normally it would just work automatically but because of the difference we need to set the paths manually.

The image browser works fine now (thank you!) , however, the preview somehow seems to have a problem with it as I get a sample-jpeg-icon. When saving the category, it also displays like that on the site (As seen on home category) ... Seems as if it cannot find the image file?

It looks like ~balance/ is missing from the image url - if you insert this into the url it will work. I suspect this again is a result of the same document root issue.

In the last few days I improved the page templates which are relatively ok now though I could not figure out yet why the text is cut off despite using the auto-length-code.

I think this might be because the name you have on the footer background is "FooterBackground" but it should be "footerBackground" -  lower case f - See if changing this name fixes the issue.

I also did some research on how to change fonts in a css file. Have not been very successfull as I do not know any CSS. How would I implement Source Sans Pro Light with a paragraph size of 18px?

You'll need to learn some basic css to change fonts and styles etc. Check out this url for Google fonts -> https://developers.google.com/fonts/docs/getting_started

• IP logged

n
#17: November 06, 2013, 03:01:19 PM
oh, I see, it's the small things again ;)
I'll test the new footer as soon as I can
__

yes, adding ~balance/ fixed this problem, thanks!

__

thanks for the link! In the cms.css file from the styles folder there are several paragraphs with different font faces but I have not seen an option to change the font face within the cms so far?
In the folder home_htm_files there is a xr_fonts css file which lists all the used google fonts, e.g.

@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Source+Sans+Pro:300&subset=latin);

So basically this means the font is already available for usage on the web page? However, how to put this into the cms.css document is the other thing... do you have tips?
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#18: November 06, 2013, 03:57:48 PM
Ok so the google font is already included in the css files uploaded from xara so I think all you will need to do is use the font name in the cms.css

For example to change font used for the "Testinhalt." heading on the home page look for .category_content h2 in the cms.css...

change..

Code: [Select]
.category_content h2{
  font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
  font-size: 18px;
  color: #333333;
}

to..

Code: [Select]
.category_content h2{
  font-family: 'Source Sans Pro',Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
  font-size: 18px;
  color: #333333;
}

The font-family bit will tell it to use 'Source Sans Pro' and the fonts listed after it are fall back fonts that are used if it can't find the previous font. You can also change the font-size and color etc.  Of  course there are a lot of different sections in the cms that can be styled differently, keep a backup of the file and don't be afraid to experiment.

• IP logged

n
#19: November 06, 2013, 05:08:07 PM
Awesome, huge thanks!!
Is there a way to make the Headings non-bold so that it's optional to have them bold or not?

__

Within the article-section the font does not seem to change; example: http://gator3069.hostgator.com/~balance/?news=1383064097682
I assume the 'News Detail' area is responsible for that one? Everything there has Source Sans Pro added so I was wondering...
  • IP logged
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:47:16 PM by n90media »

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#20: November 07, 2013, 12:29:47 PM
For fonts that you don't want bold try using font-weight: normal;

Try also changing the page_content h1, h2 etc. styles near the top which are for overall/general styling of anything in the main content areas.
  • IP logged

n
#21: November 07, 2013, 04:38:09 PM
oh, thanks for pointing this out, forgot to change these.
Looking good now, I uploaded the debugged version of the theme, dynamic footer is working :)
_____

In another post you wrote about frienly urls, however, I get a 404 page when attempting to visit http://gator3069.hostgator.com/~balance/videoslala/ ?
_____

On this page http://gator3069.hostgator.com/~balance/?cat=1383849692426&page=1 there are two placeholders. The one uses the new font, the other one doesn't? Is there a solution to this?
_____

Regarding some kind of gallery: Obviously, it's no problem to align several images through the table feature but is there like an easy way or piece of code that makes them pop-up-able (sorry, weird expression)? Probably something that I have to put in the head section of the template?
Would be awesome!
  • IP logged
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 06:56:31 PM by n90media »

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#22: November 08, 2013, 10:12:53 AM
In another post you wrote about frienly urls, however, I get a 404 page

To enable friendly urls...
1) set friendly_urls to 1 in scripts/config.php
2) copy the friendlyurl.htaccess file into the root directory for your website
3) rename friendlyurl.htaccess to just .htaccess

On this page http://gator3069.hostgator.com/~balance/?cat=1383849692426&page=1 there are two placeholders. The one uses the new font, the other one doesn't? Is there a solution to this?

A quick fix for this should be to change for example {page_content_2} in the placeholder to <div class="page_content">{page_content_2}</div>

Regarding some kind of gallery: Obviously, it's no problem to align several images through the table feature but is there like an easy way or piece of code that makes them pop-up-able (sorry, weird expression)? Probably something that I have to put in the head section of the template?
Would be awesome!

Sorry, no easy way to do this type of gallery yet.
  • IP logged

n
#23: November 08, 2013, 10:29:37 AM
ok, so I'm gonna test the fix...

For friendly URLs this is exactly what I did :/ still 404
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#24: November 08, 2013, 03:58:50 PM
In the htaccess file try changing the /index.php to /~balance/index.php
  • IP logged

n
#25: November 10, 2013, 05:16:30 PM
great, it worked :)
__

in one of your videos you talked about how to handle sliders with the cms as these don't work without changing some js.
You mentioned that there are also changes that have to be applied to popup-photos but I could not figure out what to do (I probably just didn't find it in the video...).
The page regarding this is 3069.hostgator.com/~balance/bilder

thanks!

__

I also tried to add a favicon as I normally would  (object named favicon) but apparently it doesn't display... Do I have to put the favicon into a certain folder?
  • IP logged
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 08:27:53 PM by n90media »

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#26: November 11, 2013, 02:31:47 PM
I've made some improvements to the template importer so it will now update the links for these automatically. The favicon and popup images should be working for you now.
  • IP logged

n
#27: November 11, 2013, 07:52:54 PM
great, looking good now :)
Thanks!
  • IP logged