Skip to main content

Author Topic: Why use XT-CM

i
Why use XT-CM
OP: February 26, 2012, 07:55:05 PM
I was just wondering what the advantage or benefit is of using XT-CMS versus embedding a Joomla or Drupal site in an iframe inside my Xara web page?

As far as replacing content with placeholders, you can accomplish that with regular web-database software embedded in an iframe - and it doesn't cost anythingmore than the purchae price of the software which you can use on an unlimited number of websites.

I just don't understand why I should pay $200+ per website to use this cms when there are many FREE cms' out there that can easily be embedded in an iframe in my Xara design.

Please enlighten me as to why this product is so expensive and what makes it worth the price.

Thank you.
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
Re: Why use XT-CM
#1: February 27, 2012, 03:57:39 PM
With an iframe the page content is not really on the page, it's just a window to another page, so for one it may have seo implications if your content is not acutually on the page itself. An iframe also has set dimensions that won't really change to reflect changes in content on the src page so often times you'll end up with a window on your page with scrollbars and when you click a link in the iframe it loads the new page in the iframe, the iframe won't change size to reflect the new page content. It can all end up being a bit ugly on the page.

Iframes are fine for some special cases like displaying content on a third party website but they shouldn't really be used as a substitiute for proper pages with actual on page content. That's more of a hack or a workaround than a proper approach.

The product price is reflective of what it provides and the work that has gone into it. Please read the website for detailed info. It's only
  • IP logged

R
#2: October 28, 2012, 06:26:10 PM
The product price is reflective of what it provides and the work that has gone into it. Please read the website for detailed info. It's only
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#3: October 29, 2012, 12:43:15 PM
There is a 50% discount off the base price on all subsequent domain licenses purchased. So for example when you buy your first domain license it costs the current price of
  • IP logged
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 01:37:39 PM by xtom »

R
#4: October 30, 2012, 02:57:42 AM
Thanks for the clarification xtom, and again no disrespect, obviously if I were capable I wouldn't be looking so giant cudos in your results from hard work.  Still, in this age when the unknowing business owner thinks he can get a "free" site from 1and1 or even godaddy, it's hard to justify what looks to me like about $182US per site... so no server wide license?  And the subsequent discounts only apply to the original license, not the cart license?

thanks again for your hard work, and i will definitely keep your solution in the mix when a client wants a shopping cart, but will also look for other solutions, like the ones built into Xara.
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#5: October 30, 2012, 03:08:50 PM
so no server wide license?

We don't offer this kind of license currently however such a license would probably end up being more expensive as many websites can be run off a single server.

And the subsequent discounts only apply to the original license, not the cart license?

Yes, the discount applies only to the base domain license for the cms and not additional options such as e-commerce functionality.
  • IP logged