Skip to main content

Author Topic: XT-CMS wysiwyg

A
XT-CMS wysiwyg
OP: February 24, 2017, 08:58:47 PM
Hi Guys,

Is there an updated version of the XT-CMS wysiwyg? Is it possible to use a third party wysiwyg for XT-CMS? The current wysiwyg only allows basic operation.
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
Re: XT-CMS wysiwyg
#1: February 26, 2017, 07:54:14 PM
The wysiwyg editor/toolbar covers most commonly used features for editing content. What functionality in particular are you looking for?
  • IP logged

A
#2: February 27, 2017, 03:01:38 PM
Hi xtom, and thank for your response

I can't get layout of text to layout correctly when pasting into XT-CMS. I understand that things may need to move around but the text options are very limited. For the font size and font type is not there. the only way I see to increase the font is use header tags. The customer requested a CMS for being able to manage the content/text on each page. I feel this would be very hard for them the current wysiwyg associated with XT-CMS

Another Question please:

now that I'm using the template pages for the customers site homesellrealty.com, How do I go about creating the other two variants ? Do I just use the main 960 .web files like I would normally do without a cms or is here different way this needs to be done now?

Thank you very much for your help xtom

ADIx54
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#3: February 28, 2017, 02:06:51 PM
It is possible to customise the wysiwyg toolbar but you will need to replace the cms/admin/includes/tinymce.php file with this custom one and then you can add or remove buttons as you like. For reference on what buttons you can add see the tinymce v3 reference web page. In the custom file you can see where I have added fontsizeselect to theme_advanced_buttons1 for font size select option. I'll look into making this easier to customise in future version.

For variants you can use variants in xara and just upload into the one theme folder or you can upload two different themes one as desktop and the other as mobile, to do this you need to upload the mobile theme as the same name as your main theme but with _mobile on the end of the themes folder name.

• IP logged