Skip to main content

Author Topic: Categories

P
Categories
OP: October 21, 2015, 09:53:23 AM
Hello,

How can I show a child category in the related parent category?
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
Re: Categories
#1: October 21, 2015, 08:22:30 PM
Not sure I follow you or understand why you want to do this. Can you explain a bit more what you are trying to do?
  • IP logged

P
#2: October 22, 2015, 09:05:03 AM
What I am trying to do is to show a subcategory on the parentcategory.
Example:
I have a category Merken and it has subcategories (Tula, Ruckeli, Fidella and more).
I want to show the subcategories on the categorypage Merken, just like I can show a product on a categorypage.

Does this explain more what I want?
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#3: October 22, 2015, 11:48:24 AM
There is a special tag to display a vertical navigation menu automatically with parent categories and sub categories.

{menu_accordian,0,0}
display a dynamic accordian menu, replace first 0 if needed with a parent category id, change second 0 to 1 to change accordian effect (noaacordian keep multiple sub menus expanded). Modify plugins/accordian_menu/styles.css to change menu colours and sizes.

If you want to be able to navigate to sub categories from a parent category you can also create custom links manually in the content area of the parent category. These could be simple text links or image links but you would have to add them manually. Perhaps a special content area tag with customisable output file to this automatically in the future would be handy.

• IP logged