Skip to main content

Author Topic: Problem with SourceGuardian on a windows server

j
Problem with SourceGuardian on a windows server
OP: November 15, 2013, 08:22:57 PM
I am trying to install a trial of xt-cms to work with XARA. I installed version xt-cms_1_6_3 from the zip file. Installed it on my server, gave the listed files write permission then got the php script message from SourceGuardian when I tried to login. I followed their instructions and built a phpinfo.php and put in the code they supplied to be sure I got the correct loader I needed for my servers version of php. Found it was version 5 so I downloaded ixed.5.3.win and sent it to my server company. They installed it per the instructions on the troubleshooter page and restarted the server. Still get the same message page from SourceGuardian when I try to login. My server tech say they had never seen this SourceGuardian before, but say they did it to the specs supplied. Following is part of the message:
PHP script 'D:\HostingSpaces\kyderby\ky-derbypicks.com\wwwroot\xt-cms_1_6_3\admin\index.php' is protected by SourceGuardian and requires a SourceGuardian loader 'ixed.5.3.win' to be installed.
My server techs did say that their zip does not contain any .lin files (what ever that means). I don't know much about this stuff. Any help would be really appreciated,
  • IP logged

T
Re: Problem with SourceGuardian on a windows server
#1: November 15, 2013, 09:49:30 PM
I'm no genius myself either, but I had ran into the same problem, I believe you downloaded the wrong file that happened to me the first time, i had got a 32bit instead of 64bit one, but anyway the file you will be wanting should be a .lin not .win, i believe you downloaded the windows host one not the linux host.

That is my best guess for you, from my experience, also with mine my hosting company had instructions on what to do to enable sourceguarding, i followed my hosting company instructions, they worked perfectly.
  • IP logged

j
#2: November 16, 2013, 11:55:29 AM
Thanks for the response, but I think I used the correct loader. I went to the SourceGuardian site help page and built the phpinfo.php web page that gives a lot of information related to what version my server is using. It came back that I am on a windows NT server that supports php version 5.3.24 using x86 architecture. That help system said to use loader ixed.5.3.win so that is the one I downloaded and had my server people installed.

The piece I am not sure was done by the server staff from the SourceGuardian writeup is: If dynamic loading is enabled which is usually the case then this is all that is required, if it's not enabled the loader will also need to specified in the php.ini file by adding a line pointing to the file eg. extension=ixed.5.2.lin - trying to figure if this extension is on the server and they may not have done this. Since I am on a windows server does the extension need to be extension=ixed.5.3.win

You may be right and I do have the wrong version, I am going back through this whole thing again from the beginning to see if I can find anything else I did wrong.

Thanks again for the help!

• IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#3: November 16, 2013, 12:28:10 PM
If you are updating the php.ini it should match the filename of the loader you are using so for example extension=ixed.5.3.win if ixed.5.3.win is the loader file you are using.

eg.
.win loader files are for windows based systems
.lin are for linux based systems

The sourceguardian loader assistant should tell you the exact loader file to use with a direct download link to it and it will give instructions as as to what to do. It looks like you have done this already so I don't think you've done anything wrong.

If you are still getting that error then most likely the correct loader file isn't installed correctly yet. The host might not have updated the php.ini for example or the server might need to be restarted after the change. It's really in the hands of the host at this stage to get it running for you.
  • IP logged