Skip to main content

Author Topic: several indepentent page_content areas?

n
several indepentent page_content areas?
OP: October 28, 2013, 01:21:24 PM
Hey again :)

Is there a possibility to have several independent page content areas on one page?

Thanks!
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
Re: several indepentent page_content areas?
#1: October 28, 2013, 01:39:20 PM
Yes, you can add {page_content_1}, {page_content_2} etc. to a page template. Then when you go to modify a category in the admin area with this page template selected you will have multiple content areas to edit. I can't remember for sure but I think you can use text as well when naming them eg. {page_content_test}
  • IP logged

n
#2: October 28, 2013, 08:18:47 PM
Great, thanks!

Another question: When I upload Category Images, where do these appear? Or is this feature restricted due to the trial license?
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#3: October 29, 2013, 10:10:03 AM
At the moment category images can be used in a few different ways using special tags and code in a page template...

{slider,categoryid,width,height} - this will display a dynamic image slider that will use images from the category specified and you can specify the width and height of the image slider.

The following php function can be added to a page template as well, it displays a table that has the main image of each category in each cell and these images automatically link through to the corresponding category.

Code: [Select]
<?php

// display a table of main category images with links

$category_ids = array('1','2','3'); // an array of category ids
$cols 4// the number of table columns
$tnx 150// image thumbnail width
$tny 150// image thumbnail height

echo display_category_image_table($category_ids,$cols,$tnx,$tny);

?>

In the future category images will probably be used for image galleries as well but this hasn't been added yet.
  • IP logged

n
#4: October 29, 2013, 12:17:37 PM
thanks, good to hear! I am very looking forward to a gallery feature!

Next question: If my page uses e.g. the google font PT-Sans for static elements, is there a way to get the cms content displayed in the same font?
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#5: October 29, 2013, 01:28:54 PM
Yes you should be able to do this by edting the cms.css file - copy the styles folder from the default theme and paste it into the theme folder you are using, you can then edit the cms.css file to customize fonts etc.
  • IP logged

n
#6: October 29, 2013, 04:34:06 PM
ok, thanks!

Now I have finally uploaded the site the customer actually wants, however, there are many problems with it.
The first one is that underneath the footer there is some white space that shouldn't be there.

The second one refers to the listings. One the home-page there should be a news listing, however, it says "No items found".
I checked it, there are two articles?

A third one regards the automatically stretching page length. In this example for a blog post http://gator3069.hostgator.com/~balance/?news=1383064097682 the page stretches, however, the comment box seems to have a problem with it.

The last one so far is about the gif animation of the loading screen. As it does not display, I wonder if the CMS supports this.

Thanks ;)
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#7: October 29, 2013, 07:36:29 PM
Each of these will take some time to troubleshoot. I'll have a look over the site and get back to you once I know more of what's going on.
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#8: October 29, 2013, 08:27:15 PM
The first one is that underneath the footer there is some white space that shouldn't be there.
This space is present in the uploaded page template so it's not the cms that's adding it. Double check the page in xara to see if it's there or what might be causing it.

The second one refers to the listings. One the home-page there should be a news listing, however, it says "No items found".
I checked it, there are two articles?
When adding or modifying a product or article you need to select the categories that you want it to show up in. I've updated your two articles so they are now showing on the home page.

A third one regards the automatically stretching page length. In this example for a blog post http://gator3069.hostgator.com/~balance/?news=1383064097682 the page stretches, however, the comment box seems to have a problem with it.
The problem isn't the comment box, if you disable the comment box the footer still cuts off the text. I think this problem is also related to how the page template and footer are on your page in xara.

The last one so far is about the gif animation of the loading screen. As it does not display, I wonder if the CMS supports this.

I'm not sure what this is. Is it working on the exported page template? You can view your page templates as exported and uploaded from xara by just loading them directly using the browser address bar eg. http://gator3069.hostgator.com/~balance/cms/themes/balance/home.htm - if it's not working there the problem is not caused by the cms but maybe by some code in your page template.
  • IP logged
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:01:37 PM by xtom »

n
#9: November 03, 2013, 12:48:33 PM
thanks for your help again!
The gif thing was my fault, I forgot to put it in the home_htm_files folder, sorry for that
I've uploaded the .web file since I was not able to figure out what might be wrong with the footer layers, it would be very nice if you had a quick look :) Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iqx6zlzfvuf0cmj/rFVjQvfn2E
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#10: November 04, 2013, 12:33:45 PM
The space at the bottom of the home page seems to be caused by the footerstart and footerend placeholders which are positioned way down beyond the actual bottom of the page. If you unhide these layers in xara and move the placeholder objects up onto the side of the actual page it seems to fix the problem. The other pages have the placeholders positioned better to the side of the page so it's not causing the problem on these.
  • IP logged

n
#11: November 04, 2013, 07:56:55 PM
I see, thanks to point me out!

When I logged in to the admin area today, I realized there is a text-editor now?

However, when I want to upload an image via this editor, I get a config error message, which I uploaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iqx6zlzfvuf0cmj/rFVjQvfn2E (image_upload)
  • IP logged

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#12: November 05, 2013, 10:42:37 AM
When I logged in to the admin area today, I realized there is a text-editor now?
This wasn't showing initially because the related files weren't uploaded completely, when I uploaded some of the other files for you last week I re-uploaded the files for that as well.

when I want to upload an image via this editor, I get a config error message

You can manually specify the upload path for the file upload plugin - To do this edit plugins/pdw_file_browser_v1_3/config.php and try adding the line below after $uploadpath=str_replace($doc_root,'',$uploadpath).'data/images/';
$uploadpath='cms/data/images/';
  • IP logged

n
#13: November 05, 2013, 04:33:36 PM
hmm... I added the line, now it says

Upload folder doesn't exist or $uploadpath in config.php is set wrong!

___

is it actually possible to modify the language of the blog, e.g. instead of 27th October by Admin a German version?
  • IP logged
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:40:54 PM by n90media »

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
#14: November 05, 2013, 07:22:29 PM
hmm... I added the line, now it says

Upload folder doesn't exist or $uploadpath in config.php is set wrong!

Ok this proved a bit trickier - I had to manually add the following lines in that config file

$uploadpath='/cms/data/images/';
and further down in the code...

define('DOCUMENTROOT','/home4/balance/public_html');
then in phpThumb.config.php

$PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['document_root'] = '/home4/balance/public_html';
I'm not sure why but for some reason the document root isn't set or being detected correctly on your server setup so it means manually setting these paths to make things work. Anyway I've tested it and it seems to be working now.

is it actually possible to modify the language of the blog, e.g. instead of 27th October by Admin a German version?

At the moment you can edit some language in includes/language but it's not yet possible to edit all of the language used by the cms.
  • IP logged