Skip to main content

Author Topic: Trouble with styles

S

STS

Trouble with styles
OP: December 09, 2016, 02:14:55 AM
Hello:
Am I correct that styles are located in cms/themes/mytheme/styles/cms.css? If so, when I edit this file to try and change (for instance) the <p> styling, I see no change in my dynamic text. I can alter the font in the editor using some html, but I was under the impression that this could be controlled from the cms/themes/mytheme/styles/cms file. This is important if I want a client to be able to enter content, but doesn't know any html/css.
Thanks.

Addendum: I am able to change the font weight only by editing the above cms.css file.
  • IP logged
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 03:17:36 AM by STS »

• Administrator
    • XT CMS
Re: Trouble with styles
#1: January 10, 2017, 09:49:46 AM
Yes you can edit the cms.css file in your active theme folder to customise the look of paragraphs etc. Bear in mind this style sheet only affects the front end of the website and not in the admin area when editing the content.

For example try adding and customising the code below..

Code: [Select]
.page_content p {
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 22px;
color: #333333;
}

.category_content p {
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 22px;
color: #333333;
}

Sometimes one css rule might override another so if styling for something already exists in cms.css just change the values to what you want. In Firefox browser you can inspect an element on the page to see what styling rules are affecting it which can help figure out what rules to change.
  • IP logged